Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Last Journey!

Hey y'all!

I'm jumping into the blog world! Because I know you are all wondering what this hot mess does on a weekly basis.
image


The first blog I started following me was Mama Laughlin. Through her blog I found other awesome women who were crazy serious about fitness. Skinny Meg, Nerky Meg.  All of these women are not only hilarious - but fitness to them isn't about being skinny, it's about being strong and healthy.  I was inspired by them.  Then I found Val @ Fab Chick Gets Fit. I stalked read her blog, and followed her on IG. Ever have one of those "a ha" moments.  Yep.  That's how I felt.  Funny as hell, tells it like it is, and is dedicated. Love that girl!


I need the motivation, and want to journal my progress and other fun stuff. (like my inability to stay vertical)  So here I am, ready or not!
 

Me (on the right) 1992




Time for the "how in the halibut (get ready for lots of movie references people!) did I get here" story? I wasn't always fat - that fun didn't happen until the kids came. I gained 42 pounds with my first pregnancy (I was underweight when I got pregnant with him), and through WW lost it.  Then 8 1/2 years later baby number two came, and while I had gained some weight prior to getting pregnant, it wasn't major.  I gained 30 pounds with her, lost about 20 after. Insert life, a divorce and I slowly crept up to 221! Yep.  I'm 5'4". I seriously looked like a weeble. If you don't know what that is, google that shizz, I'll wait.









 
Christmas 2011, totally wasn't pregnant here, but I look about 9 months! Minus the fact that you can't even see my eyebrows! For real, a total hot mess, amirite?

The sad part is, is while I was miserable, it was another 2 years before I finally decided I was sick and tired of being tired and fat. I want to set a good example for my daughter, I don't want to see her worry about being "fat" I want her to focus on being healthy and strong!

Welcome to my last journey, the fun I call my life, lots of laughter and blonde moments.

xoxo


2 comments:

Feel free to leave me some love! :) I'm all about being positive, so please no negativity. If you are ballsy enough to post anything negative, I'm ballsy enough to delete it! ;)